PE and Sport Premium
What is the Sports Premium?
The government provides Funding to schools on an annual basis to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. The funding is being jointly provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The Department for Education have announced that Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visit
For 2018-19 please see below a current breakdown of expenditure accurate as of June 2019.
Please click on the links below to see the Marlborough Primary Schools PE Development Plan and a break down of how the school utilised the Primary School's Sports Fund. 2018-19's plan will be published in Autumn 2019.
|Impact of PE Expenditure for 2015-16||Impact of PE Expenditure for 2016-17||Impact of PE Expenditure for 2017-18|
|School PE & Sports Premium 2015-16||School PE & Sports Premium 2016-17||School PE & Sports Premium 2017-18|